Many well-established players in the Telecoms Industry believe that OpenAirInterface is a game-changer and will contribute in a significant way to the changing telecom industry. If you are of the view that OpenAirInterface is potentially a cornerstone of your organization’s innovation strategy, your organization belongs in the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance as Strategic Member!
Role and Benefits of Strategic Membership
As Strategic Member, your organization will nominate a physical person, a Board Member to sit on the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance board. Please take a look at our current board members representing Strategic Members. The Alliance, in accordance with its vision of Facilitating OAI Adoption, will work on strategic topics hand-in-hand with your organization to steer the Alliance in ways needed to fulfill your organization’s goals. More specifically, Strategic Members benefit from all the advantages of Associate Membership but also co-own the Alliance’s vision and strategy. The strategic members benefit from
- A seat on the Strategic Board Committee where we jointly take decisions on the Alliance’s vision and strategic focus;
- Accelerated development using OpenAirInterface code to rapidly prototype and show-case new use-cases and influence the industry;
- Use of OpenAirInterface’s community to develop and test new technology and carry out in-house benchmarking and prepare new products;
- A handle on strategic projects at the OSA alongside other organizations contributing to shaping the telecom industry;
- Full access to Alliance’s development resources for OAI feature development in areas of their strategic interest;
- Collaboration opportunities with other Strategic Members to develop new ecosystems for impact on industry;
- 360 degrees view of ongoing initiatives at the Alliance, at its stakeholders, and in other open source initiatives;
- Freedom to leveraging Alliance’s network to evangelize pre-commercial use-cases and other business initiatives;
- Leveraging Alliance’s workshops and other fora for marketing messages to the attention of the outside world.
Fee Structure for Strategic Membership
Strategic Partners make an annual donation of value equivalent to at least 100.000€ (One Hundred Thousand Euros), of which a minimum of 40.000€ (Forty thousand Euros) is in the form of monetary contribution. The rest of the contribution can be in the shape of contributing engineering/development resources towards the development of OpenAirInterface code. The monetary contribution is made as a donation by bank transfer to the bank account of the OpenAirInterface Endowment Fund.
How to become Strategic Member?
The membership form that includes the bank account information can be downloaded here. The form, once filled and signed must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. The Alliance’s administration will then send you a “Call for Dues” (“Appel de Donation” in French) corresponding to the membership fee.